Work at Wico
Our counselors are chosen from domestic and international universities. We look for staff who are warm and spirited, take initiative, can problem solve and have a strong desire to work with children. Our staff members are role models and are experienced coaches and educators.
“A great place to be, a place where I felt like me, a second home. I had the greatest experience of my life!! I will do it again for sure.”
Benefits of Being Part of Our Team
At what other job can you…
- Make a difference in the life of a child?
- Develop your own skills while being goofy, laughing, crying, singing, dancing and just being yourself?
- Learn essential hands-on-skills for your future, like teamwork, problem-solving, leadership, accountability and much more?
- Surround yourself with other self-starters?
- Tap into your creativity and think on your feet?
- Make lifelong friendships?
- Be challenged and expected to take safe risks and push yourself to do and be your very best?
- Say “This is the hardest I have ever worked, and I am having fun”?
“I never thought I’d have as much fun as I did at camp. I was expecting a job and I found so much more. My campers mean so much to me and I’ll never forget all the friends I made. Thank you so much for the opportunity to work at Wico!”
Let us know if you are interested in earning internship credits while at camp. We will work with your academic advisor as needed to coordinate this arrangement.
From USA Today College
Opinion: Skip the internship, go to camp
From The New York Times
The Camp Counselor vs. the Intern
Corporate Employers: Don’t Rule Out The Camp Counselor
“Thank you for giving me the opportunity to come back for two unbelievable summers and for continuing to make Wico such a special and life changing place for everyone who has the chance to experience its magic.”